Our Cookies Policy
What Are Cookies
A cookie is a small text file stored on your device by the website you are visiting. It helps the website to remember information about your device and how you use the website. We use this information to make your visit to our site as easy and useful as possible.
What Happens if you Disable your Cookie Functionality?
You can limit the collection of your information by disabling cookies on your browser. You may also be able to modify your browser settings to require your permission each time a site attempts to set a cookie. However, if you choose not to accept cookies it may result in a reduced availability of the services provided by our web site.
What Cookies We Use on the Site
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on the website.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- to recognise your computer when you visit the website
- to track you as you navigate the website
- to improve the website's usability
- to analyse the use of the website
- in the administration of the website
- to personalise the website for you, including targeting advertisements which may be of particular interest to you.
Website Terms and Conditions
- By accessing this website you agree to the terms and conditions set out below.
- If you do not agree to the terms and conditions please discontinue your access or use.
- Volkswagen of South Africa (Pty) ("Volkswagen South Africa") Limited is a company with registered office at 103 Algoa Road, Uitenhage, 6230
2) Privacy Statement
- Volkswagen South Africa recognises the importance of protecting your privacy. Please be assured that we follow a strict policy of not disclosing any personal information about our customers or prospective customers to any third party, unless authorised by you or legally obliged to do so.
3) Product Specification
- The specifications contained in this website are an overview intended for awareness purposes only and subject to change without notice. Dimensions, capacities and performance specifications apply to standard vehicles. For current information and applicable specifications please consult Volkswagen South Africa’s Customer Interaction Centre (“CIC”) or your Volkswagen Dealer.
- Fuel Consumption and Carbon Dioxide Emission figures reflected were obtained in accordance with prescribed uniform measuring standards (SANS 20101: 2006 / ECE R101: 2005 in their currently applicable versions) under laboratory type conditions. The measuring standards are stipulated by law. They do not apply to a specific vehicle and are provided to enable comparison between different vehicle models tested using the same uniform measuring standard. The values are accordingly not necessarily representative of real-life driving conditions. Factors such as driving style, vehicle load, road conditions, tyre size, traffic and ambient conditions may result in different fuel consumption and carbon dioxide emission levels to those achieved under the test parameters referred to above. More details are contained in the owner’s manual.
- Visuals may show specifications, accessories and options not available in South Africa. Left-hand drive models might be shown.
- All prices shown are recommended retail prices which are not binding on the Dealers or Volkswagen South Africa. The recommended retail price includes VAT but excludes Dealer delivery and related charges.
- In addition, the MasterCars price excludes the optional 2-year MasterCars Warranty. The optional MasterCars Warranty is not a Volkswagen South Africa product but a contract between the customer, an independent insurer and independent administrator.
5) Intellectual Property Rights
- This website is published by Volkswagen South Africa and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. All website design, text, graphics, typographical arrangement, trademarks, logos and all other material on this website is the intellectual property of Volkswagen South Africa, Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft (“VWAG”), other Volkswagen Group Companies or their service providers and suppliers. No licence to any of the abovementioned intellectual property is granted through this website.
- Accessing this website does not grant you a licence to use, right or interest in the trademarks. You undertake not to challenge or in any way assist others in challenging the validity of or rights to the trademarks.
- Permission is granted to electronically copy and print hard copy portions of this website for the sole purpose of obtaining information relating to Volkswagen products. Any other use of materials on this website including reproduction for purposes other than the above, use for commercial purposes, modification, distribution or publication without the prior written permission of Volkswagen South Africa is prohibited.
- It is expressly prohibited for any person to gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to any page on this website, or to deliver or attempt to deliver any unauthorised, damaging or malicious code to this website. Any person who contravenes this provision or infringes the rights of Volkswagen South Africa, VWAG or other Volkswagen Group Companies in any manner may be subject to civil or criminal liability.
6) Disclaimer and Liability
- We endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is accurate. We, however, provide the information without any warranty, express or implied. We accordingly accept no liability arising from the information being unsuitable for any specific purpose, outdated, inaccurate or incomplete.
- Due to the intended purpose of the website, Volkswagen South Africa shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from access to or the use of this website or the information, content, materials or products appearing on this website or any links to this website.
- By accessing this website, you indemnify Volkswagen South Africa, its employees, agents, service providers and Volkswagen Dealers against any claims by third parties arising from your access.
7) Security in transmission of messages to Volkswagen South Africa
- When sending an e-mail from a private account to Volkswagen South Africa, you are responsible for taking appropriate security precautions to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of your e-mail. You are also responsible for ensuring that your e-mail complies with any applicable legislation.
- E-mails sent to Volkswagen South Africa through this website may be unencrypted. There is therefore no guarantee relating to the confidentiality and integrity of the e-mail content.
8) Misuse Statement
- Volkswagen South Africa reserves the right to prevent your access to this website if you misuse it in any manner. Prevention of access shall be in our sole discretion and in addition to any other rights Volkswagen South Africa may have arising from misuse of the website.
9) Governing Law
- These terms and conditions are subject to South African law. The parties to any dispute or action hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
10) Changes to Website
- Volkswagen South Africa reserves the right in its sole discretion and without notice, to change these website terms and conditions, interrupt, terminate or modify any part or function of this website.
- Any change will become effective upon publication on this website.
- By continuing to use this website, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions in place at the time of your access.
11) Access to Information
According to the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000, records of Volkswagen South Africa may be accessible to a requester under certain circumstances. If you wish to request access to records that Volkswagen South Africa is obliged to provide in terms of this legislation, download the document that lists the costs and type of information available. Complete the form and return it to any of the addresses given in the form.
12) Contact Details
The CIC may be reached on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0860 434 737 (South Africa) or +27 41 994 5615 (Neighbouring States within Southern Africa).